1.07.2009

It just got better

To confirm this morning's results I went to Von's during my lunch break instead of going to the gym. I got a name brand pregnancy test–First Response–which is supposed to be the best of the best. I just wanted to be absolutely sure that my generic pregnancy test this morning wasn't a fluke. I went into the cramped bathroom stall at work and prepared my test on a piece of paper on top of the toilet paper holder. I was careful to wait until everyone in the bathroom was gone so as not to be discovered. I put the stick in the stream making sure to hold it there for 10 seconds, then let it rest on my make shift sanitary table. I clocked the cell phone and stared at it for 3 minutes. Of course out of sheer excitement I stared at the test prior to the 3 minutes and watched the two lines appear. Certainly two tests can't be wrong.

I immediately called an Ob and set up the first prenatal appointment for Jan 19. The lady on the phone fielded me with questions of which when was the first day of your last cycle. She had then said I must be around 7 to 8 weeks. I opted to wait for an appointment with the obstetrician rather than the midwife. At least for the first visit.

More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment