2.06.2009

Filling in the Blanks

It's been a few weeks since my day at the ER. Since then I've taken at least twelve vials of blood, and had two additional ultrasounds and was put on prometrium, a form of progesterone since I was borderline normal, twice a day at 6wks1day and was told to stop at 10wks1day. I've so far had enough confidence to name this tiny little human Bubley after the image of my first ultrasound resembling a bubble. My husband I seem to have a weird affliction with nicknames that begin with B. I've also been able to at least get a name list started so people could vote on their favorites. Though I never sent this to family and only sent to 1 friend. For some reason I want the name to be a secret. My addiction to the September 2009 birth club on Baby Center has also been a recent obsession which I really should rid my self of. But they've been pretty loyal on voting. :)

According to my second ultrasound Dr. Sanders ob/gyn estimated Bubley's due date at September 8, 2009. Immediately after receiving the news I dreamed of being labor on 9/8 and trying to hold the baby back until midnight so I can technically have a baby on 9/9/9. I dreamt 10 years later when little Bubley celebrates his 10th birthday on 9/9/19 that everyone will just think he/she is the coolest kid ever.
The last few weeks I've dealt with battles of nausea unlike any other. It really sucks but at the same time I feel glad to have had symptoms. My house has remained a mess since I'm unable to do any physical activties until my second trimester. Though my husband has been a tremendous help to me. He's just not quite as domestically trained as me.

Today I have my third ultrasound at 9wks 1day. This is considered my first real check up since the other ones were related to my emergency visit. Though this will be the third time I've met with Dr. Sanders. She has a very strong personality and is not really inept in bedside manner. Today at least I will try and have my husband charm her into being more friendly instead of matter of fact.

I have to admit the person I've wanted to keep the pregnancy from the most is my husbands mother. She is the sweetest person ever and she's asked us a million times when she's going to have her first grandbaby. I just never wanted her to deal with a loss of something so important. It was just better for her not to know until the second trimester has started; 3 weeks from yesterday. My husband is dying to give her the news if today's ultrasound looks promising.

I will write later on the findings that I am so anxiously awaiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment